British Council Recruitment 2020 – British Council is now seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians to fill the Job vacancies below; Please Note that the recruitment guidelines, qualifications, requirements, and other relevant updates will be posted here free.
We are recruiting to fill the following job position below:
British Council Recruitment 2020
British Council is seeking to employ suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Accountants. The Position is based in Nigeria.
Role Type: Advisory, Policy, and Expertise
Pay Band: PB4-H
Duration: Fixed Term (Six Months)
- This role is for a fixed term and as a maternity cover.
- The post holder will be a member of a team of accountants responsible for the end to end accounting process in Nigeria including month and year-end close and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with standard accounting practices and corporate policies.
- This is a supporting role in the Financial Controlling function which is a key function in the new organizational structure emerging from the British Council’s Financial Transparency Project.
The post-holder will (across operations in Nigeria):
- Complete all financial tasks required for the financial month-end pre-closing steps and provide support as required for the financial month-end closing steps.
- Maintain financial records as per corporate policy and internal audit
- Provide support as required on accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals, and provisions), including Intercompany accounting.
- Provide support as required with manual journals and off-system payments requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
- Assist with the reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
- Assist Senior Accountant with the preparation of local Tax submissions and other statutory returns.
- Complete Travel & expense audits as per policy addressing issues in a prompt manner.
- Assist Senior Accountant with the provision of information to internal/external auditors.
- Assist in the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Complete daily cash reconciliations.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the cash collection process.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of customers’ refund process.
- Support the income reconciliation process by extracting relevant reports.
- Ensure compliance with treasury policy.
- Submit relevant documents to the local banks as requested including bank mandates updates.
Regional and Functional Team Working:
- Contribute to ensuring the policies, procedures, and systems are delivered with integrity.
- Work closely and effectively as part of the regional and global finance teams.
- Actively support equality and diversity and work to the British Council’s EDI policy at all times.
Key Relationships For British Council Recruitment 2020
- Regional Financial Accounting team
- Shared Services Centre
- Corporate Finance
- Country admin team
- SBU Leads and Project Teams
- Country Customer Services team
- Bank relationship manager
- Tax authorities
Qualifications For British Council Recruitment 2020
- Bachelor’s Degree in any numerate course of study.
- Fully qualified with a recognized accounting board e.g ACCA, ACA, etc
- Fluency in written and spoken English – Shortlisted candidates will either demonstrate they have met the required standard through a presentation of an agreed English language certificate or will be required to take the APTIS test and demonstrate a B1 level of English proficiency.
- Assessment Stage – Shortlisting and interview
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience
- Highly organized and deadline oriented.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven accounting experience.
- Experience in an ERP system.
- Experience working with SAP
- Shortlisting and/or Interview
British Council Core Skills For British Council Recruitment 2020
- Analyzing Data and Problems (Level 1): Is systematic – Breaks down problems into a list of tasks to be done and decides on appropriate action.
- Communicating and Influencing (Level 2): Relates communications to circumstances – Displays good listening, writing and speaking skills, setting out logical arguments clearly and adapting language and form of communication to meet the needs of different people/audiences.
- Managing risks (Level 1): Follows good practices – Demonstrates understanding of risk management policies and procedures and records of following them.
- Planning and Organising (Level 1): Is methodical – Able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes.
- Managing People (Level 2): Supervises a small team – Supervises a small team of people doing similar jobs to deliver short term tasks to agreed quality and time standards.
- Financial Reporting and Compliance (Level 1): Understand and apply general compliance standards. Understand the core elements of financial statements and reports.
- Professional Accounting Standards (Level 1): Apply accounting principles to accurately record financial transactions and maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
- Transactional Accounting and Closing (Level 1): Understand and apply the British Council’s accounting practices. Understand and apply account reconciliations.
British Council Behaviours for British Council Recruitment 2020
- Being Accountable (Essential): Delivering my best in order to meet my commitments.
- Connecting with Others (Essential): Making regular opportunities to understand others better.
- Making it Happen (Essential): Delivering clear results for the British Council.
- Working Together (Essential): Establishing a genuinely common goal with others.
- Creating Shared Purpose (Essential): Communicating and engaging picture of how we can work together.
- Shaping the Future (Essential): Looking for ways in which we can do things better.
If you want us to provide you with more updates and information about British Council Recruitment 2020, kindly provide us with your Phone number and Email Address in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to visit this site www.firstcalljob.com.ng for your latest job update…..we will Update you regularly. We conclude you have benefited from this article if yes, please use our share button below to inform your friends and relatives about this article via Facebook, Whatsapp or Twitter. God bless you as you do so.
Other Available Jobs
- Aero Contractors Recruitment 2020 | See How to Apply for Aero Contractors Job vacancy
- MTN Nigeria Recruitment 2020 | Job Requirements and Guide
- Chanchangi Airlines Recruitment 2020 | See How to Apply for Chanchangi Airlines Job
- Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Recruitment 2020 (PAN) Limited | Job Requirements and Guide