How to link email to JAMB Profile: In the heat of the ongoing admission processes into tertiary institutions and the just concluded JAMB examination, this article is very useful. In this article, we will guide you on how to link email to JAMB profile.
Following the conclusion of the 2022 JAMB UTME, it has been discovered that many Jambites have not been able to carry out one or more necessary activities on the JAMB e-facility portal.
This is because they have not been able to link an email address to their JAMB profile.
Before you can log in to a JAMB portal, you must provide an email address that must be linked to the corresponding profile. However, many Jambites do not have any email address linked to their JAMB profile as a result of the examination boards policy which prohibits the use of emails for registration.
Nevertheless, it is possible to link an email address to your JAMB profile and get your login details to the JAMB portal. The steps in doing so are contained in this article.
How to link email to JAMB profile
If you are having difficulties in getting an account in the JAMB portal, then you are close to the end of that problem. Link your email to your JAMB profile today and get your own login details. Follow the steps below to learn how to link email to JAMB profile:
- The SIM card which was used for your JAMB registration must be available;
- Insert the SIM card into a GSM / mobile phone;
- Send an SMS writing ‘Email’ with your email address twice following it, to 55019 or 66019 (e.g. Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com ). In that order;
- Shortly afterward, you will receive an email from JAMB to the email address you provided. The email will contain your login details i.e. your username and password
- You are to log in to your JAMB portal with the details provided in that mail.
Take note that there is an N50 charge for the SMS. Ensure that you have enough airtime on your SIM before doing this. It is also advisable that you edit your login details after accessing your JAMB CAPS.
However, JAMB only accepts Google-based email addresses. Sequel to that, ensure that the email you send to 55019 / 660119 is a Gmail. It is understandable that not everyone has a Gmail, sequel to that we will be showing you how to create a google account.
How to create a Gmail
To get a Gmail, you have to create a google account. It is very easy to create a google account as long as you get the steps right. However, you will need a GSM/mobile phone / a computer with an internet connection to do this. Follow the following steps to create a google account:
- Visit Google’s homepage by clicking HERE;
- Click on sign up in the top right corner;
- Fill in your names, desired password, and mobile number in the sign-up form;
- Confirm your password by retyping it;
- You will also confirm your mobile number;
- Google will send you a text message with a verification code for verifying your mobile number;
- After the verification, you will proceed to accept Google’s terms and conditions and other policies;
- After that your google account is ready;
- Return to the Google homepage and click on Google apps;
- Select Gmail;
- Continue with the google account you recently created;
- Your Gmail is ready for use.
In conclusion, we believe you now know how to link email to the JAMB profile. We urge you to share this article with your friends or on any social media of your choice as it could be of help to someone. Do not forget to visit us at Firstcalljob.com.ng for similar updates.