UNICEF Recruitment 2018 Job Vacancies – UNICEF is now seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians to fill the Job vacancies below;
Please Note that the recruitment guidelines, qualifications, requirements and other relevant updates will be posted here free.
We are recruiting to fill the following job position below:
JOB DESCRIPTION For UNICEF Recruitment 2018 Job Vacancies
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is seeking to employ suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of.
The Position is based in Nigeria.
Job Number: 511057
Major Responsibilities For UNICEF Recruitment Vacancies
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primary, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results:
- Contribute to the polio communications programme by supporting knowledge management through providing professional assistance in financial data collection and analysis in close link with the data manager and M&E specialist, complete and accurate reporting as well, particularly for donors and partners.
- Safeguards the financial resources entrusted to the polio communication team by advising on and/or managing financial assets, financial planning, and cash management activities. This also includes recommending improvements to the financial and administrative management systems and procedures, including with the major third-party contractor for VCM-Net. Ensures all finance and budget-related bottlenecks are resolved for the smooth functioning of the VCM network and polio communication activities at all levels.
- Responsible for the overall monitoring of financial performance of the polio communications budget; Monitors allocation and expenditure trends; generate, prepare, and share with members of the polio team financial progress reports from VISION and brings to the attention of the Polio Grant/report specialist any deviations or delays for corrective measures.
- Monitors donor reports schedule. Manages key financial information and data, as required, for programmatic activities to increase public understanding of UNICEF work in the country, specifically responding to requests from polio donors, UNICEF National Committees, and other stakeholders.
- Ensures that all administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules, and regulations. Reviews all contractual arrangements related to programmatic support (mass media, media C4D, VCM Network, M&E, and research etc.) to ensure that the terms and conditions of all contracts are being adhered to by providers of services.
- Contribute to coherence, synergy and added value to the programming planning and design processes using a results-based management approach to programme planning and design.
- Monitors compliance with UNICEF systems and procedures (Vision) and ensure management integrity and accountability with high-quality standards in all financial and HR activities.
- Supports capacity development activities, with a particular focus on ensuring effective financial and performance monitoring and efficiency, with particular emphasis on the zonal offices.
- Assists in monitoring the implementation of activities through field visits particularly to the zonal offices to resolve any budget-related issues at field level.
- Sharing of weekly funds utilization reports to the Reports Specialist, and monthly review of commitments to ensure all offices are maximizing utilization of funds.
- Focus on end-dates of grants, commencing 3-months prior to the end of the grant to ensure all expenses are in line with the grant, commitments will be cleared prior to grant end, and full use of grant resources across all Nigeria offices.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in often short timeframes.
- Experience in Emergency setting preferred.
Qualification & Competencies for UNICEF Recruitment Vacancies
- University Degree in Business Administration, Accountancy, Government, Public Administration, or other relevant disciplines.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience with experience in programming and budget issues.
- Fluency in the English language
- A good knowledge of the local working language of the duty station an asset
- Knowledge of another UN working language, an asset.
Core Values (Required):
- Commitment Diversity and Inclusion Integrity
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
Specific Technical Knowledge Required:
- Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming in UNICEF.
- UNICEF programme policy, procedures, and guidelines in the Manual.
- Mid-Term Strategic Plan (MTSP)
Common Technical Knowledge Required:
- The methodology of programme/project management
- UNICEF programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies.
- Knowledge of global human rights issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UNICEF Recruitment Vacancies position and approaches.
- UNICEF policies and strategy to address on national and international issues, particularly relating to conflicts, natural disasters, and recovery.
- UNICEF emergency programme policies, goals, strategies and approaches.
- Gender equality and diversity awareness
Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced:
- UN policies and strategy to address international humanitarian issues and the responses.
- UN common approaches to programmatic issues and UNICEF positions
- UN security operations and guidelines.
- UNSECORD training for members of Security Management Team
How to Apply For UNICEF Recruitment 2018 Job Vacancies
To successfully apply for UNICEF Recruitment Vacancies click here to apply today
If you want us to provide you with more updates and information about UNICEF Recruitment 2018 Job Vacancies, kindly provide us with your Phone number and Email Address in the comment section below. Don’t forget to visit this site www.firstcalljob.com.ng for your latest job update…..we will Update you regularly. We conclude you have benefited from this article if yes, please use our share button below to inform your friends and relatives about this article via Facebook, Whatsapp or Twitter. God bless you as you do so.