BBC World Service Recruitment 2020 – BBC World Service is now seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians to fill the Job vacancies below;
Please Note that the recruitment guidelines, qualifications, requirements, and other relevant updates will be posted
We are recruiting to fill the following job position below:
Job Description BBC World Service Recruitment 2020
BBC World Service is seeking to employ suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Broadcast Journalist (Video), BBC Hausa .
The Position is based in Nigeria.
Job Reference: BBC/TP/1065268/26147
Reports to: Editor Hausa Service
Working pattern: Continuing Contract
Division: BBC World Service
Working pattern: Continuing Contract. Local Terms & Condition
Job Introduction for BBC World Service Recruitment 2020
- Africa’s media landscape is changing. It is one of the fastest developing news markets in the world with mobile technology transforming lives, internet connectivity increasing, the radio market remaining relatively strong and Television migrating from analogue to digital.
- By joining BBC Hausa, you’ll be a part of the team for a leading international broadcaster the BBC World Service which reaches more than 90 million people in Africa weekly on Radio, TV, Online (language sites and bbcafrica.com), Mobile and Social Media. We broadcast to Africa in seven languages: English, French, Hausa, Kinyarwanda/Kirundi, Somali, and Swahili. BBC Hausa is the lead provider of radio and digital news in Nigeria and operates the one of Africa’s top Hausa digital sites.
- Are you a creative and versatile journalist, with a strong understanding of what makes good digital video and how video is consumed on digital platforms? We’re looking for journalist who is a passionate evangelist about digital video storytelling. You’ll have eye for a good story and the ability to tell the digital stories in Hausa and English. It would advantageous if you also boasted language skills in Igbo, Pidgin or Yoruba. All candidates will be expected to demonstrate a clear understanding of digital platforms as well as video editing skills.
Main Duties for BBC World Service Recruitment 2020
- Work with other members of the Hausa team and the wider BBC Africa newsroom to identify and produce creative and innovative video news content.
- Re-version BBC material with a mobile audience in mind.
- Research, storyboard and produce stories.
- Create headlines and video teasers to promote our stories and reach as wide an audience as possible.
- Contribute ideas and angles to meetings on how to cover the main news of the day.
- To show visual creativity in the use of pictures and graphics to illustrate and explain fast-moving events and complex stories.
- Understand the video requirements of different social platforms.
- Working to short deadlines for breaking and developing stories.
- All staff may be required to work with or move to other teams, and to have the ability to work across a range of skills and in a flexible manner, and to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the BBC’s overall standards and values.
- The job holder will be expected to work and think collaboratively at all times -both within World Service and across the wider BBC.
Skills and Experience
- A full command and up to date knowledge of written and spoken Hausa
- Experience of video production, editing and storytelling.
- In depth understanding of digital and social platforms -the BBC’s and others -and the different ways audiences are consuming news in Africa
- Experience of using video editing software similar to Q-edit or FCPX.
- A good knowledge of English including complete comprehension of written and spoken English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Wide and up to date familiarity with the area/s to which the Service broadcasts including Africa and an in-depth understanding of the area/s history, politics, social issues and culture as well as the changing needs of the audience. An extensive knowledge of the media situation in the target area and the way it is developing.
- Ability to work well with other producers, reporters and teams.
- Proven editorial judgment and flair, able to make sound decisions quickly.
- Knowledge of the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines and commitment to the editorial aims of BBC News.
- Ability to work well with other producers, reporters and teams.
- Must be able to work well and calmly in a live newsroom environment; handle a rapidly changing news agenda, and have the temperament to enjoy the process.
- Must be able to demonstrate sense of visual awareness as well as technical aptitude.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety policies and practices.
Competencies for BBC World Service Recruitment 2020
- Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions made.
Imagination / Creative Thinking:
- Translates news and current affairs into high-quality video content through a detailed understanding of the requirements of digital and social media and possession of the necessary writing, directing and reporting skills.
Planning and organizing:
- Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Prioritizes and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
- Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations.
- Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation and energy.
Influencing and persuading:
- Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change.
Managing relationships and team working:
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works cooperatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Makes the right editorial and policy decisions based upon a clear understanding of the BBC’s distinctive news agenda, the requirements of news and current affairs coverage as well as those of the program departments.
If you want us to provide you with more updates and information about BBC World Service Recruitment 2020, kindly provide us with your Phone number and Email Address in the comment section below. Don’t forget to visit this site www.firstcalljob.com.ng for your latest job update…..we will Update you regularly. We conclude you have benefited from this article if yes, please use our share button below to inform your friends and relatives about this article via Facebook, Whatsapp or Twitter. God bless you as you do so.
- Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation Recruitment 2020 | See How to Apply for NDIC Job vacancy
- Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Commission Recruitment 2020 | See How to Apply for (NCPC)
- Nigerian Immigration Passport Renewal | Application, Cost & Renewal 2020
- Nigerian Army Hospital Recruitment 2020 | Job Requirements and Guide