UNICEF Recruitment 2021 – UNICEF is now seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians to fill the Job vacancies below; Please Note that the recruitment guidelines, qualifications, requirements, and other relevant updates will be posted here free.
We are recruiting to fill the following job position below:
JOB DESCRIPTION For UNICEF Recruitment 2021
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is seeking to employ suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Polio Manager.
The Position is based in Nigeria.
Job Number: 509241
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
How can you make a difference?
- Under programmatic and technical guidance of Chief, Communication for Development (C4D) and Polio Field Coordinator and under the direct supervision of the Chief of Maiduguri Field Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the Polio Program management, evidence based planning, strategy formulation, overall management, setting up a system of monitoring of Polio social mobilization and communication contributions to polio disease outbreak response and the development, implementation, and monitoring of work plans for the North East states of Nigeria that come under Maiduguri Field Office supervision.
- The Polio manager will ensure achievement of key deliverables for Polio/C4D integrated response in the states and regular analysis of social data to inform further planning and contribute to key reporting documents.
- Provide support for the implementation of the communication plans for the Polio Outbreak Response (OBR) and Inactivated Polio Vaccine campaigns.
- Provide supervision, including technical oversight, for the Communication for Development Specialist, Immunization Specialists and field consultants working under the Maiduguri office.
- Represent and lead the Polio and C4D team in various meetings and programmes within the assigned period and make technical inputs into program implementation.
- Representation of UNICEF Polio and C4D at the State Emergency Operations Centre (SEoC) including regular coordination with government counterparts in the development of C4D integrated plans during L3 emergency.
- In collaboration with all partners, the incumbent will oversee and manage the proper use and display of information, education & communication (IEC) packages and materials as distributed in the field, to ensure effective and efficient program delivery, including facilitating behavior change, where designated.
- Develop partnerships with various key community influencers and religious groups, including traditional leaders, community leaders, religious leaders, Primary Health Care (PHC) directors, teachers, artists on behavior change and social mobilization strategy supportive of effective and efficient program delivery.
- Work with Abuja-based training officers to review existing training materials and methodologies and plan/implement training for targeted participants.
- Compile and provide C4D inputs for daily situation reports and monthly reports.
- Review the Volunteer Community Mobilizer (VCM) network operational challenges and develop an appropriate plan of action.
- Work with field office and country office finance persons to streamline VCM Network payments are submitted and processed without delays, based on deliverables.
- Provide supportive supervision of Volunteer Ward Supervisors (VWS) and local consultants.
- Ensure proper documentation of C4D support and efforts and share with Field office/Country office each month and at the end of the mission, including human-interest stories as requested in support of donor reporting.
- Maintain effective communication between the states that report to the Field office, and the Country office, especially on issues that have to do with Communication for Development and polio eradication.
- The incumbent will be expected to travel within the State and to those states that fall under the responsibility of the Maiduguri office, to conduct regular field supportive supervision and review the status of implementation of C4D committed activities.
Qualification of Successful Candidate
- Education: An advanced university Degree in the Social/Behavioral Sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, and Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behavior development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
- Work Experience: Minimum eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning, and management of communication for development, including several years in developing countries, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programs.
- Developing country work experience and fieldwork experience. Experience in polio eradication programming with background/familiarity within an Emergency context.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset.
- Leading and Supervising, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing, Relating and Networking, Deciding and Initiating Action, Applying Technical Expertise.
How To Apply For UNICEF Recruitment 2021
To apply for UNICEF Recruitment 2021 click here to apply
- General Accountant Recruitment for Engineering company 2021
- NVRI Recruitment 2021 | See How to Apply for National Veterinary Research Institute Job vacancy
- NACA Recruitment 2021 | See How to Apply for National Agency for the Control of AIDS Job vacancy